What women should do before they turn 30


Turning 30 is a big milestone in a woman’s life. Just yesterday, I realised that I have a little over 6 months before I can embrace the big 30 and that I am yet to strike so many things off my 30-before-30 list. Never mind it will just be changed to 40 before 40. And yeah, while I was contemplating what advice I would give my younger self, I asked my friends and a lot of other women I know what they wanted to do before they turned 30 or what they wish they did before turning 30.

‘Travel Alone’ came number 1 on the list closely followed by ‘Become financially independent’. ‘Go on a trip with girlfriends’ came third on the list.

Here’s an awesome crowdsourced list that I thought I should share with so many awesome women around. 
  1. Go backpacking
  2. Travel alone: When you travel alone, not only do you meet so many interesting people but it will force you to open up and explore
  3. Experience a heartbreak : Heartbreaks can teach you to handle emotional pains and makes a women emotionally strong
  4. Live alone for at least a year
  5. Become financially independent: not just having enough savings for a rainy day but also start making investment plans
  6. Take risks : quit that job, start that dream company, fall in love, make their passion their career or anything that they’ve always wanted to do
  7. Develop a skill or pursue a hobby (shopping doesn't count!)
  8. Become independent
  9. Get married
  10. Watch a movie alone
  11. Accept herself; her quirks, her strengths and her weaknesses and create a beautiful story called ‘herself’
  12. Go on a trip with girlfriends
  13. Dance like nothing bothers them
  14. Wear clothes that cant be worn after a certain age 
  15. Hike
  16. Start saving for kids/retirement etc
  17. Figure out her priorities, passions etc
  18. Start something; a business maybe
  19. Read Woman by Osho & Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg
  20. Fall in love
  21. Leave behind the emotional baggage of past mistakes, past relationships etc and move ahead with confidence
  22. Be kind to themselves and forgive them for things they screwed up in the past.
What do you think women should do before they turn 30? Do share it in the comments and I will add to the list...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The BadCow story

vision 2020...just an illusion??

Happy Womens Day!!